Friday, July 6, 2012

Passed by a "Jet Car"...



July 1, 2012
Greece/Turkey Trip

As we drove from Trikala we were almost back to Athens and by now it is about 1:00 a.m., we thought, oh my gosh, what is going on ahead… we could see this sea of red lights!

As we approached we could see it was a tollbooth! I think there were 14 lanes open and they were still backed up on every lane for a long ways.  We had been driving for miles; and yes, a few cars had passed us or we had passed a few... but we are still wondering where ALL THESE CARS CAME FROM!!  I have never seen so many cars at a tollbooth.

We had been driving on the National Highway and at one point we were clipping along about 150 km (93 mph??) and a Porsche flew by us like we were sitting still.  I kid you not – our car shook as he flew by and it sounded like a JET ENGINE!  I guess you could say he blew our doors off!!  Seriously, we both looked at each other and Dennis said, “THAT CAR IS FLYING!!!!!”  He had to be going 200 mph.  We have never had a car pass us that fast!  Unreal… but, here it is another “first!”

We got through the toll rather quickly, even with all the cars… we made it to our hotel and of course the parking garage was locked, so we parked on the street right in front of the hotel, but our car had to be moved by 8:30 a.m.  … so, yes we had to set our alarm and DT did go move it to parking garage next morning.

But, the kicker was – when we arrived to Attalos Hotel to check in we asked the guy if our luggage had been delivered and when we told him our name, he said, “oh, I was expecting you!”  I’m thinking, “Yes, you should be we have a reservation, and please tell me you have our luggage.”  But, of course, he responded that the luggage had not arrived!  By now, we are like “whatever!”  We are just having a good time.  He did check us in and we made our way up to the room… opening the door to find only a twin bed…. which, I promise you, was not our reservation.  DT said he was not going back down stairs; but of course, I was… so I truck back down to the front desk and he looked at his list and said, “I have no doubles, but I can offer you a 10% discount.”  I told him, “we have no choice, it is 1:00 a.m., but I will talk to management in the morning.”

We had one bath towel and one hand towel… guess who got the bath towel!  I’m laughing so hard as I type this.. haaaa  Even I wasn’t going back down stairs again to ask for towels!

We did a quick Skype with Ashley, washed our one set of clothes and off to bed by 3 a.m.  We will  shop tomorrow morning before heading to the airport.  We are flying to the island of Crete!







1 comment:

  1. Good day! Did you exploit any specialized tricks to attract more readers this website? Waiting forward to hear your answer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...