Monday, October 18, 2010

Wilderness Dunes Chalet

Saturday, Oct 16  South Africa

Here are a few pics of the Wilderness Dunes Grounds and View
Guard Entrance to our Chalet
Winding Road up to our Chalet
View and Flowers along our windy road, walkways, and steps are just beautiful.  The landscape is so high you cannot see from one chalet to the other.






We slept-in the first morning and awoke to this view looking off the deck of our bedroom:
View to my right
View to my left
View away from the ocean
You can see the chalet rooftops in front of us, we are the second layer up.  We are at the top and have a gorgeous view... but it comes with a price -- we have 63 steps to climb once we've parked our car... no problem!
Only 63 steps up and 1 step down to get to the top!
I knew it had steps when I booked it but it doesn't say how many, it just says that it requires you being able to climb steep stairway.  The price of the steps are worth it and think of the calories I'm burning!

About 4pm we happened to see this guy parasailing.  He rode smooth waves and jumped the rough ones.  He controlled it all the way up and down the beach.  He would let wind pull him out and then he turned it around somehow and headed back in.  He was really good!

Dennis ran in town and scoped things out, he found an internet cafe with wi-fi... and it's only 5 min away!!  That is certainly better than a 2 hr drive to Nelspruit.

I just stayed in all day... we had a beautiful sunset we could see from our deck, I'd take a pic and within seconds it would change color and the later it got the more colorful it got.  One of my favorite things - Sunsets or as some of us call it Bensets!

After watching the sunset, we ended up eating dinner at the Internet Cafe, which I usually think of those places as pretty casual - sandwich and such.  Not this place, while it was casual dress, the plate of food they brought to us had great presentation and tasted delicious.  I wish I had taken a pic.

We're going to get some things planned for this new area, so hopefully, we'll have more fun things to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...