Sunday, October 17, 2010

Safari Day 2 - Giraffes, Baboons, Elepants

Tuesday, Oct 12  South Africa

It was cute to see a mama giraffe with her twins.
Just shortly after we saw the twins, we came across to young giraffes bronc-ing around and twisting their necks around each other.  By the time I actually got the video part turned on to the camera they weren't so active.  Eventually, the mama came over and actually got between them as if saying "settle down"! It's so obvious to see the mothering with many of the mammals.

We were behind a car when we came upon probably 30 Baboons strolling down the road, when all of a sudden one of them jumped on top of the car ahead of us...
...he rode for just a short time and then hopped off.  At that same time, I had a Mama Baboon and 2 babies just outside my window as we drove through the mess of them... immediately I rolled up my window when I saw that one jump on the car.  I could just see one of them jumping in my window!
Look's like poor guy has been in a few battles... his tusks are distorted.
Mama taking her babies to the watering hole...
...then Dad caught up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...