Monday, October 11, 2010

Safari!

Saturday, Oct 9  South Africa

Our Guide arrived timely, but recommended we go on Safari since it was an overcast day... so Safari we did...

Dennis and I with our guide - Mike Stephens.
He was awesome!!  (Termite Tours)
Oh my gosh, what an awesome Safari it was!!  We saw so many mammals, reptiles, birds, rocks, trees and such!  It was like many of them posed for me!!!  We began the safari and immediately we see a hyaena, and yes, I had my camera in hand as he goes running by.  Thanks John and Ashley for letting us use your FABULOUS camera... I think I got some great pics!

Spotted Hyaena
We saw 19 different species of mammals and the average to see on safari is 13!  We'll go back again, but here are a few pics we have...
Giraffe
Giraffe
Red-Billed Oxpecker - eats ticks off the giraffes
Zebra Family
Vervet Money
Wildebeest posed for me
Kudu wouldn't turn to look at me... only out of the corner of his eye!
He knew I was there!
Steenbok... look at the bugs on his back!
Where's the Red-billed Ox-pecker when you need one?!?
Hippos came out of water one at a time at the exact same point...
they were fun to watch.
There was a crocodile laying right where they got out...
and it never moved!
Hippos Sunning
Another group we spotted in the water,
don't know if he's yawning or what?
So strange-- they open their mouths underwater
and allow fish to feed on the crap stuck to their teeth!
White Rhino watching us...
White Rhino
Buffalo
Buffalo
Baboons... you can see the baby laying on daddy's back
Then sits up... love the baby riding on his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...