Saturday, July 30, 2011

From the Past to the Present...

I was watching ABC World News and saw a story about this 22-year old, Taylor Jones, from Canada who has started a new web site of photographs.  He takes an old photo and goes back to the original photo site and then takes a new photo holding the old.  He states on his site:  "Take a picture of a picture from the past to the present."
*This is Taylor in one he did himself...
I am guessing that is him with his parents as a little boy.
You can see where the old pictures are placed just right and how they fit into the new picture.  This is the one of the coolest things I have seen!  I looked through all of his pictures that he has done and those that have been submitted by others and posted thus far... they are awesome!    You add a caption to each new photo.


Here is a link to his web site www.dearphotograph.com.  Look through the pics posted, they are great!!  You might have one you could submit.  He has a link within his web site called dp's Press; you can see all the publicity about his web site.  I think his site is only a couple months old.

I can just imagine the new album I could make with some of my favorite old photos!   I might be able to talk my brothers and sisters into contributing... could be a great family album to share.  Yes, it would be some work... well, let's say it would be a lot of work, but I think it would awesome!  Guess I would have to do it in my spare time, and now... I'm wondering where that spare time might be???  Maybe I should just do one of my favorite pictures and frame it and call it good!

Just a thought... but, this would be a great gift idea for someone.  So get to looking through your old photos...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...