Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Garter Snake Play Time...


My critter stories continue -- Labor Day weekend Ashley spotted a garter snake in the back flowerbed.
You can see him here under the table.
John and Dennis had to play with him for a bit!
I would never hold him, but since Dennis did...
I could get a closer picture!
I asked him to put the snake down so I could get a full picture of him,
but Mr Garter started moving fast and it was towards me!
I was too afraid to ever get him in the whole picture!
Also, he was slithering the direction Tully was sleeping on the patio!
Granted the snake was not close to him, but he turned that way!
"Mommy Ashley" jumped bare-footed right between that snake and Master Tully, shooing him away!!!  Of course, the new Mommy was screaming the whole time, but her maternal instinct kicked in!  We all had to laugh, watching her was really funny, because she was as terrified of the snake as I was!  Believe me I was screaming at John and Dennis both to get him!  Ashley did manage to divert him in another direction...
...which was towards the pool. 
I was surprised when I saw him go straight
into the pool, he did not even hesitate!
He swam along the edge a little ways and then crawled right out on another edge.
...and of course, headed to another flowerbed!
Dennis and John managed to catch that little rascal once again and gave him a new home that was further away.  One day Tully will have to read this story and know he was truly never in danger!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...