Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Double Knot?? No Problem for Tully...

Another Labor Day weekend story... while Ashley, John and Tully were here to visit mommy decided to bake some brownies.  I sat Tully on the island in the kitchen so we could watch mommy.  His shoes were untied, so I tied them both in a double knot.  He immediately reached for his newly tied shoestrings...
Each shoe was in a double knot... 
Tully started pulling on the ties.
I asked him what he was doing?  He looked up at me as if to say,
"who me?"
...and then, went right back to work!
He leaned in a little closer...
He tugged at those strings...
...and pulled some more!
Ta-Da!!!  That was easy!
Amazing what a little determination will accomplish.
He looked at his job well done!
He then grabbed the knot on his left shoe...
I know he was thinking "now, I'll just undo this other one!"
  ...and he did in a matter of minutes!!
Guess Grammy will have to tie that double knot a little tighter next time ;-/
It is so fun to watch him figure things out and observe as his coordination develops.  It is hard to believe he is already 5 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...