Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tully's Treasures and Life in General...

I have not been on my blog in quite a while, life has just gotten in the way!  Things have been busy for me.  In October, I moved a very small business that I had to Tulsa, which has proven to be a good business decision.  I have a baby boutique called Tully's Treasures, hmmm an inventory of baby items... imagine that!

This is a picture I took for Ashley one day.  It shows a bit of what I have.

Tully's Treasures is located in The Market at Walnut Creek which is at 81st and Harvard in Tulsa.  There are other clothing boutiques in the mall along with home interior decorations, furniture, etc.   They also have a restaurant called The Ripe Tomato, which is a yummy place to eat.  They only serve lunch, but they are busy busy!

I am not in the store everyday, but it has certainly kept me busy trying to shop and expand my inventory and have it ready for sale.  This is a new experience for me, and I keep thinking once I get the initial things done it will slow down... we'll see!  Wish me luck in my new business venture!

In November, I lost my brother to ALS Disease (Lou Gehrig's).  He was only 36 years old and battled the disease for three years.  That is way too young to die, but I am glad he is not suffering and imprisoned in his own body anymore.  ALS is a very cruel disease that just takes over every nerve and muscle in your body to the point you cannot move.  You can feel pain and your brain is still totally competent, but in time you can't move.  My brother was only able to blink his eyelids in the end.  He left behind a 14 year old son, who is now living with his grandparents.

My sweet grandson, Tully, is still the highlight of my life!  He is so precious and has absolutely kept me smiling.  He is growing and developing his cognitive skills everyday.  His little personality is really beginning to show and he gets frustrated easily because of things he cannot do yet.  I've even seen a tantrum or two!  Ut-Oh!!  I will do a blog update on him soon!
Tully Cockerham 7 1/2 months old November 2011
And one other thing I have to comment on... my previous blog "The Birds".  Just last night (Wed Nov 29, 2010) I was watching ABC World News and of all things they had a story on -- It was about the real life event in 1961when the deranged seabirds in North Monterey Bay, California were hurling themselves into houses and buildings.  Alfred Hitchcock actually lived nearby and thus created the classic movie "The Birds" in 1963.  I had no idea this movie was based on any part of a true story!!

The ABC news story was focusing on a lady with her PhD who was doing testing on the stored plankton from that area during the bird incident.  She determined that through a natural occurring process toxins were formed in the plankton.  The plankton was part of the seabirds diet.  The toxins cause confusion and disorientation and that is maybe reasoning of why the birds did what they did.

I figured the whole movie was just fictitious...  but now I realize,  Ashley and I should have been afraid when we saw all those birds everywhere!  Ha!  But her words were "Mom, they are just birds!"  Maybe I should buy the movie for her?






2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your brother. Your store looks absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T, come have lunch with me one day! Just FB me, I'll make a point to be at the store.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...