Friday, June 29, 2012

In the Air, Europe Bound...


June 28, 2012

I haven't blogged in awhile, but here we (me and Dennis) are heading out for another adventure... we stopped by Ashley's for a ride to the airport... always a snap shot before we head out!
Deb and Dennis June 28, 2012

I begin this blog sitting on an airplane headed to Houston, hoping that we get there in time to make our connection to Toronto; which is where we will then make a connection to Athens, Greece.  That is, if we are lucky to make our connection in Houston.

Not a good start for our trip with the first flight being delayed 1 hour and 15 minutes out of Tulsa.  That will only give us 15 or 20 minutes to Change Airlines and get from one Terminal to the next.  We have already thought about what hotel we’re going to be staying at in Houston!!   But then we remembered we can run really fast when we need to, so we’re thinking positive and hoping the plane can make up some time in the air and we are planning on being on that connecting flight!  …nail biting all the way!

Barb, you of all people can understand our delay… we were waiting on a plane to come in from Denver, which was delayed because of the wild fires!  I do hope that those fires get under control and stay away from your home!

To preface some before leaving this morning (which we did get away from the house in plenty of time) which is a small miracle for me; we drove to Ashley’s and she took us to the airport.  We have the house alarm set, house sitter in place, guard dog ready to attack, and I think everything is as needed.   Thanks Nita, and I hope you guys enjoy the pool!!

We have planned this trip for a year– we will be staying in 10 different hotels, 3 flights from one country to another, 3 rental cars, and we will meet up with 4 different families in route the last half of our trip.  We have not seen some of these  friends since 1997, so it will be wonderful to see them.

I managed to start packing about 5pm yesterday, just a minor detail in the whole scheme of things.  I have good intentions to pack early and to pack light, but my suitcase always seems to be over weight… good thing Dennis always has space and weight to spare.  I blame it on my suitcase itself… it is heavier than most.  Fully packed, I weighed it in at exactly 50 pounds.  :-/

To avoid doing a lot of laundry, I’m planning to throw away some clothes as we travel and the snacks I brought will be eaten along the way… so I’ll have plenty of room to shop for a few things!  We are not big shoppers, but rather just enjoy seeing the country and how they live.

If all goes well and we find Wi-Fi, I plan to blog with some pictures.  We should arrive in Athens on the 29th.  There is an 8-hour time difference... Greece is 8 hrs ahead.  If we make that connection I will be sleeping on the plane tonight!

We are arriving Houston with NO time to spare… keep your fingers crossed for us!

Continues: Houston-"Smouston"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...